Lifetime Annuity Calculator
This is a free, real-time Annuity Calculator which is designed to show you how much your pension fund might buy you as annual and monthly income in retirement. Simply provide the Annuity Calculator with a few basic details including your age, fund size, tax free cash amount and follow the prompt to get a real time quote from our panel of providers.
Your details will never be given to any 3rd party company other than to set up your annuity if you proceed.
Our free online Annuity Calculator is for guidance only and the incomes shown are not guaranteed. We may be able to offer you more income than indicated when you call us to discuss your quote if one or more qualifying health risks or medical conditions apply. These are known as Enhanced Annuity Rates. Providers estimate these rates by looking at a number of things, including where you live, your age and whether you smoke, along with any current or previous health issues including if you’re overweight or have high blood pressure because these are known, on average, to reduce life expectancy. While it is not an exact science, the annuity providers will make a ‘best guess’ and pay you an amount of money according to how long they think you are going to live.
Certain lifestyle and medical conditions could mean that you qualify for a higher income than standard than shown in the Annuity Calculator. This is known as an enhanced annuity, click for more info
It’s important that you call us let us know about any conditions that could mean you’re eligible for an enhanced rate. For example:
- Smoking: if you have smoked 10 manufactured cigarettes a day (or 3 oz’s of hand rolled tobacco – approx 85g) for at least the previous 10 years you will qualify for an enhanced rate.
- High blood pressure: if you suffer from high blood pressure, you could qualify for an enhanced rate.
- High cholesterol: if you suffer from high cholesterol, you could qualify for an enhanced rate.
- Diabetes: if you suffer from Diabetes, even if it’s controlled, you could qualify for an enhanced rate.
- Heart conditions, cancer, neurological conditions and kidney or liver conditions, even if you are no longer suffering from these, could qualify for an enhanced rate.
This list doesn’t cover everything; there are numerous conditions that could qualify.
If you have or have previously had any condition, or if you take prescription medicine for something, even if you don’t consider it to be important, please let us know and we’ll see if you qualify.
Remember – enhanced lifetime annuities offer a guaranteed income for as long as you live, so it’s the annuity provider taking the risk, not you. If you have any of these conditions and you qualify, your income will be higher and never go down.
Not all annuity providers offer enhanced annuity rates. This means that if you’re eligible for an enhanced rate annuity you might not get one from your current pension provider.
Use our Annuity Calculator to see how much income you could receive from our panel of providers. You can use it as much as you want then if you would like an accurate, personal illustration, call us on 0800 810 1212, or fill in the short form and we’ll call you back.